daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

So from the screams from outside, there is some kid selling iced tea for twenty-five cents. I can't tell if I am that thirsty yet. I am lifting a bit again. Cody's in town, so it looks like I will after all make that march into Manhattan, wandering perhaps through the Socrates Sculpture Garden and such as well on the way into Midtown.

This Friendster thing is brilliant, if only because it is my main pipeline into West Coast Asianness and Asianness in general--it is a strange way to go about it, but I feel as if this is perhaps more honest raw material than ever--perhaps not self-aware shit, but a beginning at least into self-presentation. And it is none too encouraging at this point--sometimes I wonder if I should have more friends, or at least friendsters--I don't even know that many Asian people to begin with, but somehow the point is more that I am out of the college loop, and still relatively picky overall when it comes to time-spending-with.

Sadly, Miss Fegs is out of town. I guess Krotch is coming back to town, which will be blessed and long-overdue. Where are the heterosexual role models in my life?