daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

So I am once more a free man. I went to the library today for the last time in a while, and I also finished finding the classes that I will be taking this Fall, which sounds like it might be too much--three days a week I will be going to school, which seems like 2 hours of traveltime I could spend in other ways. Looks like I'll be eating a lot more jerk chicken (sounds like a whipped sugardaddy). Also breezed through a last final, though I did sweat a bit. Amazing how fucking slapdash omnicompetent I am. A tragedy, really: in any case, the library netted Lawrence of Arabia stuff, which I have found fascinating, this worship of a man who's 5'8. A man, after all willing to go hungry and native for the sake of imperialism. Hard though to understand how central this person is to Sue, and through Sue somehow Alric--this is just too easy of a person to admire for my particular polemic.

So I celebrated by running off to another taping with D, which was spent mostly reading comics, actually, though very quickly I tapped out all of the ones available, disgusted by Neil Gaiman and generally by the sort of mastubatory glee with which franchise characters are revisited. A pleasant conversation about comics and education with one of the random hangers-on, and anti-social chessplaying as well. Sadly my schedule has fallen out of synch with Joephet's, but I've been absorbed enough for this not to really matter quite yet. Still, I do miss the bugger. Just not out of proportion.

I guess Joephet's my kinda faggery: I'm not for partying or for strangers or just volume in general. Patience, quiet, sitting, listening. This is the right start.