daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

So I trekked out the Grad Center in hopes of doing a little roommate shopping, but I've realized too late that they have Yahoomail blocked because of some problem with cookies. And so I will hafta go home emptyhanded and maybe swing by Joephet's later tonight, or else use Errol's dialup connection from AOL.

Some happenstances: yesterday our landlord in talking to me about our prodigal roommate repeatedly referred to how he, unlike the other two of us, was not "straight"--I had to crack a small smile at least, at that.

Today, a student asked our curmudgeony [sic] Caribbean special ed teacher whether or not she would ever marry me. I was wondering what she would say to defuse this situation in her sassy accent, expecting that she might perhaps talk about how she was too spry for me, or I was too short or thin for her, soemthing jokey like that. Instead she answered in earnest, to the effect that she doesn't believe in mixing races, and diluting strong black blood--the only way to keep the black strong, I'm told. Well, then. The word "interracial" was then repeated many times, for pedantic value.

I've been oversleeping. Maybe it's the warmth of Joephet's silent form. Maybe it's the last week of the semester and I'm tired of clocking extra hours to no avail. Maybe I'm getting soft. Maybe I need to buy an alarm clock.

Went videogame shopping this afternoon, in what is a cheap habit thanks to buying used, and now will probably just drop by the comic book store, as I can make little progress on the new rooming situation. So it goes.