daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, January 08, 2004

So I have to relate this--today an admin told a science teacher that teaching definitions in his class was "bogus" as definitions are the province of English teachers, not science teachers. It's been a drab evening, TV-wise, which would have been better spent a-cuddling with Joephet: Law and Order had a low-class defendant (I've always admired the show for how white the perps tend to be), The O.C. seems like boring (though pecs-parading) hopelessly classed subdrama of the high school ilk, and The Simple Life is tedious and juvenile. It's also strange because I'm not used to seeing so many white people. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

It's hard, I must point out, to play the usual delay-game when a student asks to use the bathroom, but she has a sizable god a-danging from her nostril. There's no category on the Choate recommendation form for nasal cleanliness.

I am realizing today, after reading some webcomics, that I've really left far too much behind--I don't even have a running notebook for scripts and sketches and other idle plottings, and I'm not sure why. Maybe this is just relationship-Drew and that sort of satisfaction which is calmer, and doesn't require artistic-ish fidgeting. But I need to wake up again, as there are so many stories I am losing out on, and I feel better now about prose fiction than I have before.