daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, January 08, 2004

So I made it through today without too much of a hitch, bidding farewell today to the spareribs I will no longer have after this week. Little more is notable about my day, other than a few too many meetings, and my intention to buy a PS2, and even withdrawing the right amount of cash, but not having the balls to actually follow through quite yet, instead heading straight to Joephet's to eat with him and Bets at the Japanese restaurant, downing an Asahi and plenty of other little goodies. All pleasant, but suffused throughout with a wondering as to what I should buy for my eventualy console. This is juvenile, yes, but how else will I have a chance to learn all about Chinese history in the Warring States period, if not through Romance of the Three Kingdoms and the like? But I figured it was best to save all that until the weekend, as the last thing I need is further distraction.