daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, May 13, 2004

So don't tell Joephet, but

I was at Kiehl's today to buy him a present (What do you get a guy who already has a perfect laid-back spin?) and they needed my name for registration purposes, or citizen tracking, or something. So they typed in "Drew Hu" and all that came up was "Drew Hunk." I'm not sure who this person could be.

Beyond that, it's been a droll day of reliefs--the word on the street is that the fix is in grade-wise for me in most of my classes, even though my work has not yet been completed. So I can relax, even if I still have 55% of a thesis somehow still left to do. So I was able at last to do some shopping, though I'm still short a pair of shoes and a serviceable set of flip-flops. This weekend of all weekends is unfortunately overpacked with whitegirl goodness--the scion-with-a-sister of Anglo-class (in the good sense) and Midwest moderation and the bucolicky cultured thorn in Alric's side are both in town, with plans of seeing Troy and Orlando Bloom's smooth birdchest and Happy Together respectively. I'm torn between that and duty. Oh shit and my brother.

In other news, they've finally done what made sense, by lopping off the middle school from the rest of us, and this might mean I'm free to look for work elsewhere.

Other than that, there are plenty of forgotten drolleries--today is one of those days that makes me wish I was still in math--it's so innocent and mock-clever and so on. So it's OK. It's just so easy to forget all this.