daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, May 10, 2004

So now there's a new interface at blogger, and I'm not a big fan--it's a bit too rounded and friendly, not for hardcore oldschool Linux sucking cui types like me. It'll take some getting used to, I suppose, but is not the end of the world.

Today I taught for five period straight--this is in part a birthday present to Wanda, who has gone off camping. It was not a day, however, that reassured me in my chosen profession--students simply refused to work, somehow, and I didn't know what to do about it, today especially, with a gauntlet next week of exams, thesis, lesson study projects, and so on. It's just not very pretty overall, and it doesn't help that I have to speedily do some game-theory post-haste to meet with my advisor tomorrow.

I've also fallen behind on my misrepresentations of my proud ethnic background. So soon we'll have...