daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, May 13, 2004

So it's already been a hectic day--got up at 0430 or so and waded through the dense humidity (Joephet's getting a secret present tonight!!) to work on game theory until discovering circa 0620 that I didn't have the stats book I need for the homework I'm going to do on the train later on to turn in tonight... So I had to go all the way back home to pick shit up, which would have been pleasant but for the usual holdover at Astoria Blvd for no very good reason at all. So I was sweatily 20 minutes late(r than usual) for work. And somehow I managed to survive my morning ninth grade class though there are still three hours left of instruction. Still, it will look pretty good past a certain point. It doesn't help that my brother is showing up this wekeend too--he has a penchant for showing up on weekends where there is no easy service between Manhattan and Queens. Indeed, this weekend,there is neither N nor R service, I believe. I'll be a very happy man in just one week's time. I also need to catch up on my Mock Chinese Parables.... (Thank goodness for email-posts!)