daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, May 23, 2004

So I am sapped.

Today I went down to see the bro and the folks. It's amazing how much older they grow each year, each of them--my dad is down to a 28 waist, which makes Joephet both jealous and drool. But it's odd to think about that--how they are aging and Asian, and not long for this country, perhaps. The quiet college town is much as a remembered it from my extended visit now over two years ago: white exuberance and an abiding belief in a white future.

Other than that, just a quiet night at home enjoying quiet and cleaning house--amazing the accumulation of filth when all you're trying to do is write a thesis. It's odd, as I'm soon to face the same adjustment that Joephet is now negotiating: idleness.