daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, May 22, 2004

So the weekend is here and there are lots of things I should do, largely going down to see the folks as they are around to pick up the brother (bro-ham, Jen would have said) on one of their usual psycho crosscountry road trips, though I need to catch up with Kenneth, and most excitingly, Kenta is coming back in town. Well, that is nice, but I'm mostly trying to vex Joephet, who's been even more cagey than usual, probably because he's angling to go back to Guam this summer and of course wants to be off leash.

On my way to Wanda's birthday party in Curry Hill, which was incidentally a bit taken aback at the "genuine enthusiasm" of a large ground of sassy black ladies (and me), I ran into two hicks on 23rd on my way to the N: they were hicks and dopey, and just whiter than most Astorians. In any case, one of them asks me if I've heard of a place called "Bodegas" around here, cuz he'd seen in a movie somehow that that's a place to score "chronic"--I was amused.

I'm probably more energized now than ever as far as the math goes, and the redesign of our school: there's just so much that needs to be done, and our piece-of-shit, half-assed, bright-visions-dim-witted principal just isn't doing it... At our last school when we were all out of jobs, we were told in December to start looking. Here it is, late May, and I still don't know. We'll see. How many pages should a cover letter be, again?