daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, May 29, 2004

So it's been quite a little ride, I suppose--I forgot when last I posted, but Friday was phoned in yet again before ending up at a Columbia bar with my female coworkers, being somehow grilled on my turn-ons and preferences ("Competence," I answered, airily), while further getting to lowdown on way too much intraoffice gossip and downing three Guinnesses before staggering home to make it down to see Lex and Hanna and to pick up my brother.

They were having reunions with many offensive themes, which as I gathered were: 5 years, Mexican; 10 years, Las Vegas; 15 years, Egyptian (!); plus, Whitey.

What else need be said?

On the train ride home, my bro and I were hit upon by an attractive perky Nigerian girl who identified greatly with the Swedes, apparently, working for their foreign press, and this was a great diversion, even though there was way too much classist lecturing on my part, as it's odd, since I'm teaching a whole different kind of black student... Ah, well. I scored an email address--Alric, interested?