daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, May 16, 2004

So I've not been blogging because it's been hectic--Thursday, for instance, after finishing my math frantically on the train and finding my professor, I was still unable to obtain my old tests, so I'll hafta wait till Tuesday and the last midterm, then I ended up at Kmart shopping for yet more presents before reaching Joephet's apartment to find out that he was at the Beer Garden. So eventually that was that.

Friday was a nightmare at school--I've lost it, totally, this desire to teach, at least in my present circumstances, which are, of course, going to change drastically before long. Which gets me to thinking...

In any case, despite some delays, I did end up seeing Happy Together, as planned, and this was most satisfactory in a unclosed way, an effortless representational success without the elbowings of Hollywood work like Troy, which was revisionist nonsense. If, as the theme seems to be, great deeds cause you to live for ever, or at least your name to, I would prefer obscurity to artless reimagining. All in all, that took till about four in the morning, including a nap on the steps of Penn Station, or thereabouts. Skaren is doing well, though I found myself defending Alric in his presence. First time for everything, I suppose. Bessie was also a welcome sight--amazing how to the grindstone my nose has become--again, after June there can be no excuse...

Yesterday was of course an utter wash, though with downpours and yakisoba and Joephet--I am not nearly far enough along on my work, and it's getting to me. The gauntlet closes in..