daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Friday, June 11, 2004

So Alric and I went to see Baadasssss, which was quite excellent despite a few story arc requirements, as a nice intersection between art as polemic and product. And this is odd, because when I just try and think of the contrasts with some piece of MTV-marketed filth like Better Luck Tomorrow, I shudder, while realizing that my own views on politics and art have been morphing since my college years to now, where I view politics as inextricable, somehow. But leave me not get all preachy and abstract.

Let's look at batting-averages, now that the semester is essentially over. Ninth grade class: 5 students passing out of 18. Girl-dominated tenth-grade class: 5 students passing out of 20. Boy-domianted tenth-grade class: 2 students passing out of 20.

So what's that come out to anyway?