daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, June 05, 2004

So Joephet has gotten an internship, which we celebrated at Natural Tofu, which has the best beef short ribs this side of the Yalu River. He'll be working at New York's oldest and largest free legal clinic for the poor. He literally got this job within the span of four hours from the time he e-submitted his resume and cover letter (both genericalized) to the time he was offered a position. This is all the more impressive given that, knowing Joephet, he likely spent about three hours getting ready.

I've decided to go the Singapore Chow Mei Fun route, which will enable me to go ahead and swing by some Kendo, if I want. I have been going to bed obscenely early so I wake up early on the weekends, but if it means just wrestling in bed with my new favorite intern, it's not nearly so bad, even if now I'm obligated to buy him internship presents.

I've been looking at graduate programs: NYU, CUNY, and Columbia stick out, but of course the two private programs don't quite specialize in Urban Ed in quite the same way, and cost twice as much tuitionwise, give or take. Either way, it's time to think about the GRE and certainly also the ATS-W, and yes, now, I have a copy of a video with me teaching some math, and asking questions, gesticulating madly.

Beyond that, I need to clean my bloody mess of a house, as there are all sorts of people who will be coming through to take a look at the fagcilities soon. Ah, for the days of Alric! So innocent and pure and without the complications of ugly gentleman callers.