daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, June 13, 2004

So Lostin now is in Jersey as well, which is of course the place you naturally go to find a center of plasma physics. My own summer starts soon, or maybe has already begun, psychologically. And I think this largely consists of trying to stay productive and active and diurnal, though of course there are still a rather substantial number of impedimenta to first be cleared, least of which is my need to somehow get back into shape--somehow this mythical amped-calcium diet has succeeded (in the dietariness of said calcium) only in making my as farty as Joephet. Still--and I know that this will aggravate Skaren, but after all the city wants for productive physical activity--I am vaguely satisfied with my new workout routine, if only because I sweat like mad during and for some time afterward. That, of course, is no real measure of quality, as I also am the font of whole brackish rivers in my classroom, in which I discovered a cute little mouse earlier this week. I do not know if that is the same mouse as "Petey." If not, I'll take suggestions.