daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, June 20, 2004

So Lostin swooped in for a visit after just one week down in Jersey, and I can't say that I blame him, though I don't know what I can offer him in terms of entertainment on these lazy weekends when work has wound down pretty fully and your biggest concerns involve real property. Still, it was good to see him doing well and saving Japan from sinking under the oceans due to fossil fuel-fueled global warming. And stout beer is always welcome even on the last afternoon of Spring. It's just odd, though, to think that simultaneously at math camp another crop of minority middle class kids are being indoctrinated into the ways of useless white mathematics which can only exist in a stable post-industrial society in which the lower classes are adequately domesticated. But it's easy for me to say. It's not as if I've made math transformative and revolutionary. Yet.