daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

So there are just eight days left in the year, and I'm strangely energized though now I need to figure out what is going on if I am going to teach three more years in a given school, which is the promise I'm making to myself as this school is worth staying at. That means after a year off I will go back to school in some way, which could be an SAS position to get certification to be an admin (though at the new school, admins don't do as much because teachers do more...), but that would be redundant if in three years' time I decide to go to the Principal's Institute (New York City Leadership Academy) so if so I should just go for another Master's degree, what with my AmeriCorps money, as those creds are universally useful anyways. But this means that perhaps some of the doctoral programs I was looking at are no longer feasible.

So I guess I'm askin': what two-year part-time Master's degree would be useful to my future career of bujiified educational agitation? I've been thinking about economics and rhetoric.

In any case, I can now publish a preliminary schedule for this summer (subject to approval)

First three weeks of July--settling in new roommates, starting up Kendo, booting up my four or so curriculum projects.
Last week of July and first week of August--Digging, Hargey Farm
Second and Third Week of August--Training-for-training, then training new urban teachers
Last Week of August--college program for middle school maths

whee! I'll be raking in the money, though not as much as if I taught summer school--that's $36/hr!