daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

So Joephet and I were watching NBC's Last Comic Standing tonight, and it was fucking depressing--tepid doesn't begin to describe most of the tired tired acts, and it makes me wonder--back at math camp, I used to want to go into stand-up, but of course that's not transformative enough, as it's not really dialogic or dialectical in the right way. I'd rather do the sort of freaky-deaky low-rent shock-art of power-stapling bananas to the trees and putting underwear on statues. But yeah... they ain't got nothing on me, but then again, my act would never be mainstream.