daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

So this is now ridiculous--I feel as though this job fell upon me from on high--it is cherry indeed, with a report-time of 0915, and no classes to begin until 1030, this means that I can actually go and work out each morning at the gym before hitting the books, and I have only 3 classes four times a week, albeit at 70 minutes, which is probably an ideal intermediate time between double-periods and the standard 45 minutes. In short, it's a schedule only a teacher would have thought of, and indeed they did...

The only discomfort was being forced to translate some long-ass speech in English into my broken kitchen-Chinese. Who knows what "respect" is? I had to settle for "polite" (you li mao). It's time to bone up on the teacher-Chinese, which should be amusing indeed.