daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, September 12, 2004

So Rob Chin and I finally went to check out Kendo yesterday, and it looks like it's a go, if only for a few lessons until his one-lung (shades of Lord of the Rings, only a butchered Asian version) gives up the ghost. The dojo is rather small, but this I don't mind, as it does mean more attention, and it's conveniently located in the vicinity of Chinatown, which makes it possible for Rob Chin to attend a lesson then return to work and stay until 11 or 12 albeit with a free corporate meal (complete with "liquid assets") and a carride home. Alack, our starvingness was not at all assuaged by the horrendous wait-time at Kenka. There truly is something proletarian (or bourgeois) about waiting in line.

And, I did not manage to accomplish any work yesterday, the wind having been taken out of my sails like downpour turnout downturn (out of sales....). This fact is somewhat lamentable, but I think I needed the break, and now I can go and put in some office-time ("face-time" Rob Chin calls it) and hopefully also design some more lab experiments as relates to cell-membranes and the like.

I've been exhausted, nonetheless, all this week in a way which I find hard to really pin down--I seem to be getting enough sleep, and indeed woke up today refreshed at 0930. But somehow it's not enough, and I've had afternoon headaches and weariness already. Either I find a way to nap in the teacher's lounge, or something else, but this just isn't cutting it, yet.