daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, September 06, 2004

So yesterday my haircut went rather well thought it was in Chinatown on the row of barbershops on or around Pell Street, and was a slapdash 10 minute affair conducted entirely in Chinese, Chinese I was long since steeped in since my youth when my dad would cut my hair every month or so, though of course that frequency has since plummeted to zero to four times per annum. But it was sadly functional and I had no real idea what all the chatter otherwise was about, and my barber wasn't the bantering type, so that all I was asked was "yao bu yao xi tou?" "Bu shu yao"