daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, September 06, 2004

So I am not making this up (though I must needs paraphrase somewhat) and I feel a little guilty laughing it up, but then again, I am in some sense broadening the reach of said advertisement well beyond the community bulletin board at my local grocery store on 31st Street between Ditmars and 23rd, which I saw as I made my weekly purchase of nonfat plain yogurt and toilet paper...

Are you tired of that old, expensive
supermarket meat?
Well, you don't have to shop here any more
You can get fresh meat from live animals
right here in this neighborhood.
In the basement of my house (go to 21-xx 31st Street)
I raise many types of animals that are live,
rabbits, goats, chickens. We feed them
good food and speak Greek to them so they
are tasty healthy and fresh. You don't need
to eat refrigerated meat every again and once
you try you will never go back.

So just come to 21-xx 31st Street (and ask for house owner).