daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, September 18, 2004

So I dragged my sorry ass into work yesterday, and got a flurry of scheduling done before heading off to visit with Alric and so on, while excited about the overall arc of my curriculum over two years.

Today I spent making a shinai bag, which while a little lopsided has a four-cornered bottom, a drawstring ring-buckle, and nearly invisible stitching for up to four shinai I don't own. Practice was brutal and humbling--not so much brutal as humbling, as I am far from the appropriate level of anything. Still, it's something that I will be able to sustain, I think, and that's all it really takes, I suppose.