daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, September 16, 2004

So at last Rob Chin and I have started with Kendo, though of course the first session was not very auspicious, but also not very strenuous. Unfortunately, though I am not very good at very much, not even seiza which is a lot more painful than it ought to be. But everyone's friendly, I am patient and taking this as a model of instruction for myself, though I don't quite enjoy the forests of pipao quite as much as Joephet would. It looks reasonable too in terms of making it into my schedule, though maybe it would be easier on Tuesdays since Wednesdays are such easy days for me... Other than that, nothing accomplished today at the office but for reconnecting the internet service, but tomorrow I will make amends.