daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, October 28, 2004

So Joephet's buggy iBook lost the first iteration of this post. But then again, there's not much except a boatload of proposals plus a jaunt to New Hampshire this weekend to visit the Hargeys for some sort of bonfire, at the expense of a kendo practice, the second in a row, somehow, which is problematic as I'm sure that Skaren will have a great time mocking the futility of my suburi. Still, to get away even for a little bit away from the drudgery of the city is a good thing, and I suppose I will have an extra hour thanks to Daylight Savings Time, so I should be in decent form for Bigrock Sensei's rushed and barely intelligible (but predictable) routine. I don't know why I think in such terms.

Parents were fine enough, amazingly deferential especialmente cuando estaba hablando mi espanol terrible con demasiado confidencia, como siempre. Mi chino tambien se necesita mejorar, porque evidentamente hago rollas con mi lengua.

Besides that, I've been fine and energetic though back to improv'ing in my classroom, which is rather untoward.