daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, January 09, 2005

So it's been thoroughly hectic as I've been working 2/3 more than I normally do all week, but that will soon go down to just 1/3 more than I ought, and it's still just short of a month's rent which I'll earn in the process somehow--I've fallen behind on my work and am more anxious about the Regents than my kids are, somehow.

Jon is moving out, which means I'm in the market for a new roommate. It's unfortunate, however, that Samir has taken to mean that he can take out a craigslist ad for a friend--but this of course is not how roommate situations typically work, not unless there is some preexisting condition--so it's just sad that he detains some barely comprehensible J-girl in hopes of learning J-speak just so he can go and teach English in Japan. This plan is ludicrous, mostly because his English is itself barely comprehensible. So I dunno--let me know if you're interested in a 1br in Astoria.

Beyond that, I'm just trying to make it the two more weeks until Regents begin--break failed to genuinely rejuvenate me, and this overwork this week while in some sense what I needed not to completely fall asleep has overextended me in some ways.

Meanwhile, the practice which I have subjected myself to has gone up and down--I have been generally discouraged by my sloppiness and crappiness and have felt unduly exhausted throughout practice, but somehow the Senseis seem to be full of compliments, which is odd, but surely not the end of the world.