daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, August 13, 2005

So this news is somewhat exciting--I'm currently in negotiations for my textbook to be adopted by a colleague of mine out in Canarsie. This is exciting, as it's the first time that my methods will be exported wholesale out of my classroom, and by a friend so that I'll have a good sense of how it actually goes, if it actually works in a context beyond my own charisma. Or whatever it is that I have. Unfortunately, there is to be no and can be no at this point remuneration. But I'll just chalk that up to development time. And it won't be easy to turn a profit given my highly-disposable, open-source, at-cost +$1, type of publishing philosophy. Time to call up Crody again and call in some of my old contacts in the non-profit publishing industry (well, only insofar as the entire literary publishing industry runs in the red).