daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, September 26, 2005

So this weekend my cousin who is whiter than me but not whiter than my brother managed to marry up, which made for an awkward wedding of Estonians, Italians, and two tables of Chinese relatives who are expected me to be next in about 10 years at the outside--my aunt (father's side) is much more explicit about these things--by 28, I'm told, by which time I should have accumulated adequate capital. Though at this rate, I won't get to a million until 2029, by my conservative estimates. By contrast, were I to sell out, I could be there within a decade. These are the real choices, though at this point it's academic, as Wifey is expensive, but not as expensive as a Manhattan apartment. And sexier, at that.

Bess, meanwhile, has her clerky dance card punched for years to come, which is impressive, as most judges won't wait around a year. I'm told that Jen too is in the seaboard, which is another reunion long overdue.