daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

So it's getting harder and harder to blog regularly, a fact further unhelped by Wifey's malfunctioning iBook, which has its logic board fritzing for perhaps the fourth time since he got the damned thing two Septembers or so ago. And yet today should be thoroughly bloggable, as it was a day off from work, which I spent mostly sleeping, first fitfully until waking just before 1 o'clock, after which we managed to dragged ourselves to the local Japanese restaurant, eat a little too much, and then decide to just go home rather than to the Graduate Center, where we napped until 5, when we watched the new Tyra Banks show, in which this geeky white girl apparently has a thing and a connection with Asian guys, who show up as the "mystery man" at the end of the show, but then are left holding the bouquet awkwardly as Tyra shakes her moneymaker and the geeky-girl shakes her analogue.

I did at least make it to practice. I think I'll actually be able to dedicate myself for a while to all that, at least until the tournament in a month's time. It's encouraging to see the new crop of Eastern European beginners in do and tare for the first time, as of late we've not had a very good record in terms of retaining people once they finally manage to get into bogu. Of my generation, there are only two or three whom I see at all any more. And in that I include Rob Chin.

Pleasantly, I found my copy of Bishop and Goldberg, the Manifolds-and-Tensor-Algebra text I am going to work through with Rob Chin today--it was in the sundries pouch of my bogu-bag, and I had been afraid that I would have nothing to read on the long train ride home with Thai Green Curry Chicken in tow.