daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

So today was the official closing of my 2005 Roth, having finished a little early this year rather than extending all the way into mid-April like last year. Now I am not a big believer in New Year's Resolutions (though I used to have resolutions every time I started a new volume of the now-defunct Log), but I really should try and drop some of these additional pounds which I have accumulated--love-fat I can blame on Wifey. So I should really go on a strict diet of Halal chicken and dinner half-portions. And I should find some other sort of routine for the days I'm not at the dojo to add some more mass, at Wifey's request. Little things like this--I used to be more disciplined.

Today was a good practice, though perhaps inexplicably we were sweating and dropping like flies left and right. There were four Ricerivers at practice today, which was rather scary. I"m currently negotiating with Wifey--our country home should have both a training hall and an ice rink. Though of course the children should participate in both, regardless of gender.... I suppose tonight I also managed to finally get a flying sideways men against Sensei tonight. I'm sure there's a name for it.