daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, December 18, 2005

So although I finally passed ikkyu today, I wonder what good that does me in real life--as I was getting off the train today some boarding black kids, a gaggle with Sunny D in plastic cups, flung a cup at my head, and it was unclear what I should do--what with being Asian and all, I wouldn't want to think that we just take cups of juice like that without a response. But then again, what is accomplished by yelling and fighting--it's the sort of thing I haven't learned enough kendo to really deal with in the right way. It's also the teacher's dilemma--the way a teacher in the city always feels the urge to tell the rowdies to sit down and shut up, but of course the MTA is not a classroom....