daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, December 12, 2005

So 1480. That's what I'm worth on the GRE, which I just signed up for and which I'm taking over Christmas vacation. Granted, that was rather half-assed without any real checking and going back and at the same time there was both Medium and then Sex and the City in the background, but that's no excuse. It's sad when the verbal completions are so predictable that you don't even hafta read the choices completely. Meanwhile it's depressing to think about the gap between my students and this high-flown lexicon: they are still working on substituting "flower" instead of "fuck" which leads to what I refer to as flowery language and leads him to say things such as "motherflower!"