daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So absence always brings plenty of news:

After Wifey's birthday bash Friday, I passed out at Rob's, staggered home drunk, woke up at 6am, and took three hours of math testing completely hung over. I had forgotten that a graphing calculator was required, so I had to throbbingly falsify graphing calculator graphing windows, and to try and compute logarithms and trig ratios by hand. My tour de force: to approximate ln 5, I remembered that ln 2~0.693 (as any good personal investor should know), and then that ln 2^10 = 10 ln 2 is approximately ln 10^3 = 3 ln 10. So ln 10 is about 2.31, so ln 5 is about 2.31-0.693, which is about 1.07. Whew.

NCTM rejected my article. So it's going to take some rewriting &&& shopping around.

Golden China, the bastion of cheap, affordable, soft-chicken Chinese food ever since I moved to Astoria now nearly four years ago, has closed, replaced by "Bangkok Tasty." I am optimistic, but I must always wonder, what happened to Scooter, Scooter's cousin, Scooter's cousin's wife, Scooter's fat older nephew, Scotter's not-so-fat younger nephew, and even Scooter's replacement.

My annual review is tomorrow. Should be fine, but we'll see.

Wifey and I dined last night at L'express, and tonight at pollos mario. My kendo is suffering, but Wifey ought not.