daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, March 20, 2006

So this weekend posed me with a number of tasks:

grading 75 projects
report cards
recommendation letter, for myself
fellowship application
short paper on an urban issue
lesson planning and unit planning for the far future


but after sleeping in a little on Saturday, and then a little more, I ended up passing out and getting absolutely nothing done, which was further abetted by my decision to start watching all of Season 1 of 24. I've now gotten through all but the last three episodes. It's been a lazy weekend indeed, and I think that part of this avoidance and finally continuing to put things off is due to the fall out from my annual review now nearly two weeks ago--the feedback was just so damn positive, and the subsequent conversation with my principal which ended up lasting an hour and a half of my lunchbreak earlier this week just left me feeling like such a fake, especially after I unsuccessfully wrapped up another three-week project with my classes--I am far from an adequate or master teacher. I barely manage, somehow, sometime.

And yet, when I compare...

shudder...

We'll see. This week will make or break me, but the most annoying thing I think is the holes in my practice schedule.