daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, August 18, 2003

So I am fired up. Something I will miss about this routine of reading the Nation on the way to school on a lazy afternoon. I am a ragin' American right now, and it is a bit helpless that I feel, where the best that I can do for anyone is just to code my programs and move on, somehow, saving my battles for later. For there was a tomorrow yesterday, and a tomorrow today, and a tomorrow tomorrow. By induction...

So I want to draw a line someplace in the sand. It's time to stop being selfish. I was incredibly selfish. I was more interested in getting laid and asserting my moral (sexual, interpersonal, artistic, culinary, budgetary, athletic, cultural, ethnic) superiority over Alric than actually helping my students.

It's time to get organized and actually write lesson plans day-by-day, and actually take attendance, and actually give representational grades. Little things like those which you can so easily take for granted, but which do add up to something.

I want to say much more--much more about white imperialism in the gay dating world. But that's for later, as ever. It burns me up.