daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

So today I accomplished plenty, I'd say, even though I was delayed in getting as early a start as I would have liked. The purchase of some unfinished bookshelves has turned me on again to woodworking, something I'd forgotten for some time, rooted in my late experiences on crew for a musical back in the day, and the thought that I would have more leisure (and disposable income) than I have actually turned out to have. Table saw! Just a pleasant afternoon strolling Steinway with Joephet, and then kinda passing out so as to be again late for class, which is actually speeding up. (It's fucking amazing how much time I spend with Joephet, and how much we get along. Beautiful, really). My blogging really does suffer when I'm happy: something about bile that is wonderfully transformative somehow, that makes for better prose--I've been touring gaysian blogs minorly, and measure up just fine: I do not quite narrate I suppose, and am politick in what I actually expose about my life, in my own way. I dunno: some more reading, as for a blogger, I don't really read many blogs.

I have been thinking more about prose style. When I do some writing, I'll let you know.

Over a week without a cigarette! And no cravings. Welcome to a life without undue stress...