daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, September 04, 2003

So I am headachey, and I have found Wittgenstein on foundations of mathematics quite satisfactory. The march of classes and preparation continues, and I relieved to find excellent and cheap boricua food close to my school, even as I sit through meetings and headaches--I think I need some aspirin, or I need to get more sleep. I have been seeing a good deal of Joephet, but perhaps an unrealistic amount for when the year starts, sadly enough. I mean, priorities are hard to set up in advance. It's times like this being a straight-acting, straight-thinking guy hurts, as my classroom just isn't all that pretty, despite my fondness for arts and crafts. But I think that I am generally in decent shape, as I am making my own forms, which might well just be the mark of cheapness rather than anything else such as initiative. But it's nice to have tailor-made shit. And by this I just mean gradesheets and the like.

So many people to talk to. I miss my computer, in some ways, though I think I would be more productive at home without it, if I didn't just end up going over to Joephet's all the time. That counts, even if I jog over. That boy will be the death of me.