daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

So I have become a scrounger or scavenger of sleep, snatching all I can from here and there, sleeping any time I can, whether o n the train or otherwise. Today was a relatively rough day, but I suppose that last year made me impervious enough to the yelling, the insults, and the obstreporousness--it really does make a difference, having confidence, though of course I am not as steady as I ought to be, quite yet.

Yet more coursework now, which is annoying because I have to somehow sit and listen and roll my eyes silently and invisibly, aubt at least I get to email, even if some of the peer critiques include such comments as "excessive verbage" (should I nominalize?) and of course "try to avoid 'smart' words".

Only two more days till the weekend, and I feel a little naughty cuz I was able to sneak a visit to Joephet in to my last night. So things are pretty balanced, overall. I just need to continue to crack down and to write some anecdotals.