daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

So it's been a while--I went this weekend to see my bro and fam in Jersey, and then was basically just getting ready for school, and the students came yesteray and the only real problem so far has been that many students have been misplaced--not so much lost, though, as held-over yet another year in the ninth grade (really, the 9'' grade).... I've been very pleased, and today for instance my tenth grade class was phenomenally good--the first time I've ever felt as if I've had a good class discussion. So maybe I do do better in better schools. Beyond that, I've been just chilling, though of course my life has been strangely tired and tiring--I routinely pass out for hours at a time, and yet still have troule falling asleep, though last nightthat was mor ean issue of flies and mosquitoes than any real anxiety. I've been reading a good deal more comic books, actually, just in my general bedtime routine, now still divorced from any computer usage or TV, even though the new season of 24 approaches. So I'm happy, even if I'm a bit overworked as far as college coursework goes. To be honest, I sometimes feel very much as if I'm still coasting and I've got nothing to do. So far, I'm known for being Chinese and for being good with names. But it's helpful to have big studdy name-buckles....

Joephet lost his phone service sometime between Friday and Saturday. I miss him.