daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, September 11, 2003

So it is Thursday, and this feels earned. Not that today was terribly strenuous--most days fail to be: it's mostly just a matter of showing up and facilitating: the kids are all right, except for D-Block, which is strangely supposed to be higher-performing but is merely a den of obstreporousness, projectile-chucking, and dull-eyed aggression. So it goes. I am excited, though about getting my computer back, if only to type and to produce stuff, and then perhaps to actually make some real headway as far as my writing and my math go. Hrmm.. Going to be late for class.

The secretary asked me about some ID-code today, "what class are you X-something-something?" I exclaimed, "I'm middle class!"

Apparently, James Atlas is still a massive tool. And he's why I became a raging, white-hating leftist. Not quite a commie-nazi. Yet.