daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

So once again, it's time for

Asianboi roundup

(Alphabetic by pseudonym)

Alric is sliding. Perhaps more comfortably into his routine, his existence, but perhaps that comfort is fatal complacence. But claims that with a work-hurdle cleared he'll have more time for his own pursuits. It's hard to say, as I'm not him. I just don't know that could fritter my days away writing paeans to Indiana Jones.

Joephet is growing. He's growing in my mind. We've been spending more and more time together, he's growing used to having me around as much as I am, and he has settled into the Law school things, though I don't know if he's quite fully happy with it, as he's been quite territorial about his friends.

Kean is blogging. I enjoy his writing, his regularity, greatly. He was also in a proto-relationship, and me in suspense, as we couldn't really discuss it while my brother was here. He has a richer life than I think I give him credit for, and we share the same doubt of where we'll end up, though I guess I'm in it deeper now than he.

Kenneth is coasting. I guess I haven't seen him in quite some time, and I can only wonder whether he gets stressed in the same way that I do. I guess I've fallen out of touch for a few weekends and so don't know how it is that he's doing, or why... But I suspect he has the same ability to utterly mock me.

Lostin is adrift, perhaps just treading water or something, but I think that it's just the environment, which is too isolated, too rural, or something... Exile from one's homeland is something I have had a peek of, and it's not pleasant. Well, not exile, but the sense of separation, of coming unmoored.

Rob Chin is seeking. He needs a job. I hope he comes to New York. We been hanging out more. He is now legal, and more tolerant of alcohol than I am.

Sam is cute. Young, way-young, in his own chronologically-older way. I am not sure why I think there is something to him. But I think there is, even if he has fashion ambitions, something I simply can't fathom.

Paulie is in Korea, seeking a wife.

I am tired, but happy, extremely frustrated and thwarted earlier this week, but now more energetic than ever.