daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

So I am back from a run and a bit too much dinner--my stomach must have shrunken after all that vomitting and diarrhea, so I have been eating less, though now I fear as if I will tilt the other way.

I went to a conference on schools in crisis today, and I will post later the "reflection" that I will write for my writing class. It will be charmingly Marxist, though of course now that I've gone and read more, I realize that I know so little when it comes to history, and am still somehow stuck in this Hegelian vanguard politics mindset. So I been reading up on the sort of class-roots of urban educational trouble, which out to be rather clear, as this entire business is not all that old, something I tend to forget--how quickly industrialization has changed the world. Life is much less academic.

I went for a run today, which was great, though I wish I hadn't eaten so much afterwards, still. Bubbling grades was not fun. There is no comment code for what I was feeling this morning...

My roommate tells me the Chinese sent up a rocket. Ummm... Yeah... Great.

I have been leaking other fine tidbits all day, like a garbage-bag a bored Asha-cat has perforated.

I have been visiting my circle of Asianboi blogs from school, and I have been amused by what Symantec as chosen to censor from student eyes. For instance, "Panna" is apparently illegal, a lot of my rants on Alric's blog's comments section are barely intelligible for the -------- censorship, Rob Chin's blog is completely unviewable, and yet Joephet's complaining about the raw, itchy status of his butt prances about unfiltered.

I have been trying to start this paper, but as my commitments continue to pile up for this weekend, I can only wonder where all this can head. But we'll see. I am gaining more respect for the educational research community, and see important connections to philosophy developing.

I have been reaching out to my most recalcitrant students. This has been working somewhat.

I have been negligent, though, in my plans to organize a heckling of Amy Tan. I hafta get on the ball. Under two weeks away, and I don't even have a script yet.