daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, October 27, 2003

So I have not been blogged much at all, and this is for some reason: I have not been home verymuch, andthis weekend my brother has been visiting me, so it's been a little touch-and-go, as he is not to know of the existence of this blog, quite. Beyond that, though, it's been a long, strange weekend, now in the customary beginnings of drunkenness with coworkers and colleagues, though this week was much bujiier than it should have been, and then hanging out with Alric, and then eventually nestling with my beautiful Joephet. Well, whatever.

My paper, which was also draining me, is done and turned in and all that. Beyond that, there is just another week of classes, something that hasn't hit me yet in this leisurely weekend. My landlady upstairs was overcome with sharp stabbing pains to her stomach yesterday, so I had to tend to that, petting her dog, and trying not to hear or smell her explosive diarrhea. After some wanderings that were not very satisfactory with my brother, through Century 21 and Ground Zero and then eventually Chinatown for cold Dim Sum, and Times Square for comics--in short, all the weekend haunts, my brother and I ended up at Alric's, drinking and marvelling at the racism of Indiana Jones. Well, that was just me. Hrmm... Eventually back home to sleep. Embarassing that every last gaysian boy I know called me this weekend. Sigh. That was all a little drab.

Today was better, though again a slow start. Shopping for random shit, including office supplies, though I forgot graph paper. And then there was dinner in K-town, some random walks, and finally home for a jog, some light cleaning, with much more to go, and general boredom and catch-up. Few thoughts. I finished the Joy Luck Club, though it looks like Amy Tan will go unheckled tomorrow, as I have not adequately organized things this weekend, which I have given to my brother, at very little loss to myself, I suppose. So it goes. Another week of school, again atypical.

So little time to reflect on parent-teacher conferences, even. Sigh. Gunna get to school super-early tomorrow, to play catch-up. I feel good.