daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, October 19, 2003

So there has been a big gap in this blog: I've been going over to Joephet's quite a bit, and so I have not been blogging as much as I ought: got back home last night for the first time, but set to work on that paper on symbols in algebra almost straightaway, and then passed out, so that's the reason for perhaps the biggest gap in this blog since its beginnings over 3 months ago. The days rather unremarkable overall, just more and more procrastination even as I did my best to phone it in at work.

Friday brought the usual carouse with teacher-friends, this time in UWS Anna neighborhood, where I got more drunk than I perhaps should have, as ending up at Alric's passed out on the couch, enjoying snippets of Training Day and insulting him only sporadically bore out.

Yesterday was hanging out with Rob Chin, who'd dragged himself to the city. He's of drinking age. This is scary and depressing. We had a good nip dinner and all that, but then I just ended up passing out again for a few hours before getting up and back here.

Way too much work today. No idea how it's going to get done. This is the life.