daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

So I don't believe in New Year's resolutions, though back when I used to write in red spiral-bound notebooks faithfull, I'd make resolutions every new notebook, and these resolutions were largely people-centered--what I wanted to do with regard to various friends of mine, usually just a matter of making more time for them all. But I'm getting in shape anyway, as the only real obstruction was the 3 hours spent each day on the subway, superfluously. With that in line, I'm set on most things.

Reading: I've finally started on Piri Thomas's Down These Mean Streets, and am working my way slowly through Lone Wolf and Cub, the latter difficult, sadly because I'm at Joephet's so much these days that I don't have access to my books. I have become much more cheap on books, which is perhaps foolish, as that niche has been replaced largely by eating out. I need to cook more, which will also be more possible once I finally get home before it gets too dark each night.