daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, December 29, 2003

So I am just back from the middle-of-nowhere sushi place, full of good sashimi, a perfect top off to my first day of modified eating and extra, extra protein. I suppose I should list, a la Joephet, my exploits: ham and pepperjack on multigrain; protein shake in skim milk; Greek antipasto and donner sandwich; stracciatelli and tomato-basil-mozzarella sandwich; sashimi (maguro, salmon, and snapper) and pickings from Joephet and Lelaina's plates. So not a perfect start, but something, and I am making now more of an effort to eat at home.

Other forgotten nippings: GNC and haircut! Yes, I'm sadly shorn again, and I look 19, not 22 like I sadly now am. Beyond that, little more to report of today.

So now it's time for....

Asianboi roundup

Alric is not speaking. He's not speaking to me, as I, in my abrasiveness, have offended him. Judging by his blog, however, he seems to managing just fine, which makes me wonder--even though I miss him--is he just better off without me? I mean, he doesn't have any het-male friends in the city, so why bother with me?

Joephet is not dodging. Well, he's not as much as before. I feel as if he's giving me a chance, and I'd better not fuck it up. We're not quite in perfect synch quite yet.

Kean is not in Kansas anymore. He's not as I expected, and I am trying to see New York through his eyes now, as for him this is the relevant pilgrimage, and I am inured to most things, a creature of habits I am happy to share with the uninitiated.

Kenneth is not impressed. Mostly by the web, which he's been going to more these days now that his not-gay-but-gay friend is in town. I'd feel sorry for his boyfriend if I didn't already. (Are they boyfriends? Who's to say?)

Lostin is not here. He is in Korea, a well-earned break from American materio-capitalism. It's strange to think that I only know of how he's doing electronically, as we have never hung out at all in person since getting to know each other, and in many ways, he only knew the legendary, math-camp leading Drew.... not the newly marginally humble one.

Rob Chin is not coming. Well, this is not settled. Despite his new job offer and a good firm and start to his career, he's hesitant to join me in the world of work and responsibility, preferring instead to nip off to Honshu, or some such. I understand, but I'd rather have a sashimi-buddy.

Thai is not Thai. He is a chinaboi, and rather confused about where things are headed with his Hardy. I see him as a little brother in some ways, and I wish I could provide better, more serious advice. But it's not as if I'm not a newcomer to these things. It's just that, well, he and Hardy are in a sticky situation.