daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, December 13, 2003

So today has been lazy, with very little aside from rereading comics actually accomplished. It's hard to say what else there will be today, though I suppose I actually need a new blanket, or something. Probably what I really need is a new scarf, as the old one I keep on leaving at school: and it's acrylic, which is cheap and warm and all, but not very bujii. And I figure I can be bujii about my accessories, as time was, my hat would be worth as much as the rest of my outfit...

Some reminders about comics--Iron Man gets his start (and meets his black friend Jim Rhodes, aka War Machine, one of the few black superheroes in the universe, unless you count Jackson King) in Vietnam, fighting the evil Vietnamese despot Wong Chu. It's amazing what blacks and whites can accomplish when they cooperate to kill an entire rocket-base of gooks. And of course, he has the wonderful line, "Its going to take a stroke of genius to get out of this mess... I'd better start stroking" while strapped to the front of a laser which will blow him up if he makes so much as a false move. It was much nicer, though, back in the Cold War days when the enemies were white Russian spies and Soviet KGBers than today, when we have indeterminately dark enemies, also opposed, however, to white capitalist exploitation. Hrm...