daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, January 24, 2004

So my blogging routine has continued to be susceptible to derailment by outside distrac tions, though in the case of last night I was just playing videogames for essentially the whole time I was home, leaving me no time to 'll be the same structural B.S. and absuve relationship between administration and teachers, and a lack of any real vision of what we are trying to even accompoblog. And that was pretty foolish, I suppose. I've also lost any hold of a textual flavor--as if I don't read anymore... But maybe I just lack a language for raving about things emotionally while saying nothing of content. I won't get more specific than that, but my beef is specific.

Today the semester ended amid way too much chaos and screaming in the halls: I had a minor lame party in each class, and tried to ignore the hallway chaos, this after a day when the false fire alarms would not stop coming. so now I am free--the semester is over and I have no real carryover obligations, but I dont really feel that lib erated, as I know that though I will try to change things, there will be the same structural BS, the ssame antagonistic and unhelpful relationship between admins and staff, and the same lack of vision as to what this school is supposed to accomplish. After some meetings with the tenth grade staff, I see a long week of bitchy infighting next week. And from dropped hints, there is another gay teacher on staff, unless he happens to like lower Manhattan for historical value and was referring to his business partner, the latter actually a misconception under which Lex once labored about an obvioius professor of ours. And so I'm just left facing a new semester of mostly new students in which I will try to actually be more into my job, as opposed to the way I've been getting away with cutting corners this past semester.