daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, March 29, 2004

So I glossed over large chunks of the weekend: on Friday I lingered late and then went Columbia-ward, where I'm kinda sure I coulda run into Jizz Fang, an old nemesis or at least foe from the college Asian-antagonizing days. He and his porcupine hair were not quite a welcome sight, nor his all-white friends, though of course I wasn't pleased I had to make macho-small-talk with the imperialist white middle school history teacher who sees fit to make his unworking flip wife sign a prenup. So I managed to wander home before heading over to Joephet and Thai food.

Saturday saw reunion with Brandon, who's going for his PhD in history at the ol' alma mater, oddly enough, though he seems enthusiastic enough and is finishing his two year stint as a second-grade teacher in Houston. It's troubling I guess how quickly the past is sliding away from me, how little I even bother to wave it bye-bye, but of course that's either just growing up or growing old.

The evening saw a journey into Wanda's neighborhood for card-playing and really dirty stairwells and spooky walking around at night--it's eerie how the subway in some places can be very loud with voices from the street above drifting down through the grates. And all of this mean that I was and am terribly behind on my work. One hour left before paperduetime.