daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

So it's been quite a bunch of activity. Aside from the transition from modal logic into game theory that's imminent, I did the entire grad school thing, and it's strange, as I'm more outspoken in this class than in any other before--and that's counting almost all of undergrad, somehow. Maybe it's just a diverse and inclusive classroom. Or maybe it's just that other folks' lack of precision really pisses me off--I mean, how can you reach a quarter century on this early as a teacher without a robust distinction between naming and labeling?

Then it was off to the East Side to hang out with a radiant and rested Joephet resplendent in new though oddly-colored New Balances and the company of medschooly friends, with Joephet obsessing about his Asianness and identity, or somesuch nonsense like that. We made it home, though I was a Guinness and a watered down Knob Creek worse for the evening, and I woke up this morning with a slight hangover, and no real progress on this project for my masters I'm supposed to be doing.

This afternoon, I managed to finally get an eye exam and a new pair of glasses, though $200 seems rather steep, but maybe that's just me. I didn't transition to the indie-rocker glasses that Lex used to favor, in theory. And my eyes aren't much worse, though I was chuckling when the optometrist kept on demanding that I open my eyes further.

I've just now managed to shovel the walks, which was rather faster than I would have thought possible--all part of my campaign to kiss up to my landlord, who must love me, as I've been her unofficial real estate broker via craigslist for about four rental properties by now.

Now it's off to Joephet's for domestic bliss, bitter recriminations, assaults on my character and physique, self-absorbed exclamations, lowbudget TV, furtive work on my master's project, diverting reading of Chinese novels in translation, cuddling from the snow, and disappointed reading of my usual, unupdated blogs.